However, with dental implants, dentures become stable, and finally fit well. Dental implant supported dentures, however, are snapped into special dental implants and do not simply rest on the gums, as regular dentures do.
Although implant supported dentures usually are made for the lower jaw, as regular dentures to to be less stable there, you can receive an implant-supported denture in either the upper or lower jaw. The upper implant supported denture often does not cover your palate.
Benefits of Implant Supported Dentures:
- Eat and speak with confidence – no more loose-fitting dentures
- Nutritional benefits from being able to eat foods you previously couldn’t
- No need for denture adhesives or pastes
- Improved bone retention and related oral health benefits
- Improved quality of life.